With Electronic Dance Music being a massive and ever-growing movement, many documentaries have been filmed showing the details of this movement. One such documentary, introduced by Red Bull TV, is titled After the Raves. In this documentary, famous DJ and producer, Tommie Sunshine, explores the history of EDM, the stories of EDM, and the effects of EDM. The nine episode documentary is set to be fully released on July 4th, 2016. Each episode will explore separate hotspot locations for EDM, including Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Ibiza, and Miami. For more information and episodes of After the Raves, you can visit www.redbull.tv/AfterTheRaves
(Repost – see the original post from 08/02/2014 HERE)
1 Can I take pictures or film footage of The BAALS Music Festival?
Yes. BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL encourages visitors to the precinct to photograph or film their visit for personal use. You are welcome to share the memories of your trip to BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL with your friends and relatives. Any photo or film that you take will be your own property. We ask only that you respect the purpose and aims of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL by asking our permission before your image is used by you or anyone else to advertise any products or services (we consider this ‘commercial use’).
2 What “commercial use” of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL images does BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL not approve of?
BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL does not approve of the use of an image of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL (whether photographs or logos incorporating the photographic image or a stylized image of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL) to promote goods or services when there is no sponsorship, endorsement or other association between BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL and those goods or services.
• professional photographers using photographs of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to advertise their photography services
• businesses using images or logos of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to advertise their goods or services when they have no commercial or sponsorship association with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL
• filming of advertisements featuring BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL prominently or exclusively where the advertised product or service has no connection with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL.
You may not use the image of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to suggest sponsorship or use it as a trade mark (or in the course of trade) in a manner which may mislead consumers into believing that your product or service has an association with the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL unless you have been granted a licence by BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to use the image in this way. Such commercial uses of the Opera House image are exclusive to BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL and its licensed users only.
3 Why is commercial use a problem for BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL?
Commercial use makes use of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL’s image or ‘brand’. BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL is vigilant in ensuring that goods and services providers who have no association with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL are not permitted to mislead and deceive consumers by misappropriating the image of the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to falsely represent a commercial relationship with the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL.
As a downtown based music festival, we rely heavily on sponsorships and commercial licensing to help us carry out our operations and maintain this much-loved annual event. It is therefore important for us to protect our image and maintain its brand value so that we can generate the necessary funding to support our activities.
4. Can I film The BAALS Music Festival as part of an advertisement I’m making?
If you wish to film or photograph BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL as part of an advertisement then you must apply for site accreditation with Public Relations at least 10 working days prior to the proposed visit date. Public Relations will assess your request and, if approved, you and your organization must follow strict guidelines about use of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL images (advised to you as part of accreditation approval).
5. Can I film The BAALS Music Festival as part of a television program or documentary I’m making?
If you wish to film for television, you must apply for site accreditation with Public Relations at least 10 working days prior to the proposed visit date. Public Relations will assess your request and, if approved, you and your organization must follow strict guidelines about use of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL images (advised to you as part of accreditation approval).
For documentaries about or featuring BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL, you will be required to enter into a license agreement with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL which will cover site access protocols, applicable license fees and other terms and conditions of access. We encourage you to contact Public Relations as far in advance of your filming schedule as possible so that we can accommodate your request. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
6. I took a photo of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL – why can’t I do what I like with those images?
Personal use of your BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL photos is encouraged by BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL. However, if photographs of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL are used to sell goods or services not related to BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL, in such a way that suggests those goods or services are somehow associated with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL or that BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL has approved the use of the images or endorsed the relevant goods or services, then the use of these images in this context is misleading and deceptive for consumers.
It is not relevant whether the photo was taken on BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL premises or not. If BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL forms the exclusive subject or dominant image of the photo, our concerns regarding commercial use apply (as discussed in items 2 and 3 above).
7. I supply goods and services to BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL – are there any guidelines for using BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL images?
BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL values the commercial relationships it has with its suppliers. There are strict guidelines for suppliers who wish to use BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL images to publicize their commercial relationship. Please contact your usual BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL representative who will be able to assist you or direct your inquiry to the appropriate person in BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL.
8. My business is in Fort Wayne, Indiana and I want to create a logo which incorporates an image of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to identify my business with Fort Wayne – will that be a problem if my business and BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL are not connected?
Many businesses unrelated to BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL seek to use representations of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL in their advertising or logos. Where BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL is the dominant or exclusive subject of those images or logos, people may be misled into thinking that the business is associated with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL when it is not.
To avoid misleading the public and being contacted by BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL, BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL recommends that businesses seek to incorporate other well-known features or elements of Fort Wayne in equal representation with the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL, such as the city skyline as part of their designs or logos. If you are not sure whether your proposed image raises concerns, please contact us and we can provide you with specific guidance.
9. I’m a wedding photographer and my clients want to have their wedding photos taken at The BAALS Music Festival – can I come on site to take photos for them?
Wedding photography on site is permissible where the images are for your client’s personal use. Please remember to conduct your activities on site safely and minimize disruption to other visitors enjoying the event. While on site, we also remind you that at all times you are subject the direction of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL Security.
Please note that prior approval of wedding cars on site is required before access can be granted for the event.
10. Can I use the wedding photos I took of my clients at The BAALS Music Festival to advertise my photography services?
BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL understands that it is common practice for wedding photographers to use some of their client’s photographs to promote their wedding photography services to other prospective clients on their websites and in promotional materials.
In instances where BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL merely forms a backdrop to the wedding couple or only a small proportion of the wedding photo, it is possible that BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL will have no objection to your use of the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL image to advertise your wedding photography services. If you are not sure whether your proposed use raises concerns, please contact us and we can provide you with specific guidance.
11. I am an amateur / semi-professional photographer member of an online stock photo library and upload my photos primarily for sharing and comment by other members. My stock photo library also allows other people to buy my photos for a small royalty – is there any problem with me uploading pictures I took of The BAALS Music Festival?
If you upload photographs of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL for the purpose of discussing photographic techniques with your online colleagues, BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL considers that to be personal use and has no objection to images of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL being used in this manner.
However, where a third party seeks to purchase your BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL image and use it to promote goods and services unrelated to BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL, that use would damage our brand and the exclusivity that we offer to our sponsors.
Each stock photo library maintains its own policies with regard to intellectual property and that, while BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL can inform your library of our policy, BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL cannot force your stock photo library to amend their policy.
If you consider that your stock photo agency has not been in contact with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL, you can contact us and tell us the name of your stock photo agency and we can contact them directly.
12 I am a professional photographer and I would like to sell postcards, picture books and other merchandise based on pictures I took of The BAALS Music Festival – will that be a problem?
–Any proposed commercial use must first be authorized by BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL.
Commercial photography or filming on BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL premises is prohibited under the The BAALS Music Festival By-law. BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL Security is empowered to take a person’s details and photograph where they suspect on reasonable grounds that our by-laws are or have been contravened. Unless you have been authorized by the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to come on site for your commercial purposes, BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL Security can enforce our by-laws by, amongst other things, directing you to leave the premises.
13 How can I get authorization to come on site to take pictures for my commercial use?
Please apply to us setting out details of your project. BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL will assess your application and if your request is approved, you will be required to:
- enter into a location agreement with BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL;
- credit BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL on the product or images;
- not seek or permit any corporate sponsors to associate themselves with your BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL images or products (in particular not putting corporate logos near or on images of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL);
- not seek to sell your photographs of the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL to any corporate entities or other individuals to use in a business logo, or to use in a way which may suggest an association between that business and the BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL, where no such relationship legitimately exists; and
- pay a small administration fee to cover our administration costs of processing your application, making a member of staff available to organize site access for you (where necessary) and supporting BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL.
- The photo library I belong to requires me to get a Property release before they will allow me to upload photos I took of The BAALS Music Festival – can you give me a release?
We prefer to contact your image library directly to tell them about our policy regarding use of photos of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL. We have contacted several image libraries to date but it is possible that we have not contacted your library yet. Please get in touch with us and we will try to communicate directly with your image library. Please be advised that each stock photo library maintains its own policies with regard to intellectual property and that, while BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL can inform your library of our policy, BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL cannot force your stock photo library to amend their policy.
15. How can I become a sponsor of BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL or directly support BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL’s activities?
BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL offers its sponsors a range of benefits and the opportunity to associate your business with one of the world’s best known brands. Please contact us and we will arrange for BAALS MUSIC FESTIVAL’s Corporate Partnerships team to contact you to discuss sponsorship options and outline the many sponsorship benefits available.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US